Monday, June 15, 2009

A Quiet Monday

Monday mornings during the school year are so filled with stress and anxiety, I go out of my way to make Summer Mondays quiet and peaceful. Today started with a cup of coffee in my new favorite mug:

It was a mug I spotted a few months ago that someone else received in a coffee swap and fell in love with the flying sheep and swirls. I had to have one of my own! I emailed Robbi from Maple lane Pottery and had one sent to me. I love the handle and is a great size for coffee, hot choco or soup!

Last week was a busy Week 1 of vacation filled with cleaning, shopping, eating out, SnB's and even took in a play-Wicked! This week will be much more subdued. I need to finish my "deep" cleaning (think Spring Cleaning in June) so that it won't be such a chore when we have out of town visitors coming. Today I need to make my various shopping lists and plan out our meals so we're not eating out everyday like last week.

On the knitting front, I'm making a rug out of t-shirt/sheet yarn-"tarn" I think they call it. In one of the Phat Fiber boxes I scored a month or so ago was a sample of "tarn" and I decided I wanted to knit something with it. I wasn't interested in making my own "tarn" so bought some on Etsy and have started this:

It looks huge in the picture but really isn't that big. It's going to be a bathroom rug in DH's bathroom. I overestimated the amount of tarn I'd need so I actually have enough for 2 rugs. I should be finished with it in the next few days and will post more about it then. Here's the link for the Rav group which has several links for how to make your own tarn and patterns!

Because a knitter can't live on tarn alone...I caked up these goodies (Pigeon Roof Studios, Madeleine Tosh, Casbah) and plan on starting something with each of them soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home