Today I decided to check out a new grocery store, Green Fields Market. DH and I watched King Corn a few days ago and I have to admit that several of the messages the movie made still haunt me. I was determined to look for/buy grass-fed beef and sodas not sweetened with high fructose corn syrup at least for 1 week.
- Clean/Open set up
- Small (great for folks who don't want to navigate through 40 aisles to buy milk)
- Friendly, Knowledgeable staff-Great service!!
- Great bin collection (coffee, grains, candy, etc)
- Great collection of organic, Texas/USA products
- Environmentally friendly from the lighting to the lack of plastic bags; there is a definite effort to be as Green as possible.
- Location (its a bit far for me to make part of my normal routine; I'd go back if I were in the area though)
- Small (not much of a selection compared to the stores I normally shop, although I was able to take care of my grocery shopping for the week).
- I spent a bit more than I normally would for groceries for the week (It was worth it to check it out and support them, but not on a regular basis-which is my reality)
- As much as I loved seeing the huge barrels of coffee beans, is it good for them to be so exposed to the light, air and other peoples hands?
- Bigger bakery area-more items
- More ready to eat/heat type items (deli-type area: sandwiches, salads, soups, entrees)
- Coffee/Beverage bar-I was really thirsty and would have bought something to drink