Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Summoned


Today I reported for my 3rd stint of jury duty, all in Texas. Part of me doesn't mind jury duty since it does give me a break from work, but the other part gets annoyed with all the waiting.
Today there was a lot of waiting.
It all began ok, I drove down early to ensure the getting of a parking spot in the cheapest garage.

Things moved along fairly quickly. I knew ahead of time no knitting needles and confirmed once I got there that they didn't even allow bamboo or plastic. Forgot to ask about crochet hooks.

I had thought I brought enough reading material between the magazine, new cookbook, kindle book and audio book, plus being able to access email, Facebook, internet, etc. on my iphone. What I forgot to do was take my phone charger so it didn't take long before I was getting the low battery light of doom on the phone which held all these apps.

This made for a long...long...afternoon.

I never did get called to even get put on a panel so at 2:45 p.m. was released for the day and don't have to serve for another 3 years.

The highpoint of the day was running into a former teaching colleague I hadn't seen in over 6 years. We were able to get caught up early on, but she was one of the first ones picked for a panel. I also enjoyed seeing all the different books people brought and the range of colorful characters comprising the jury pool. Too bad I couldn't get more pics!

My view for most of the day.

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2009 , Blogger Bezzie said...

And it's a shame they don't let you knit!! Ah well nice to be done for three years!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home