Sunday, August 06, 2006

Casting On



Today was a day of casting on! I casted on 3 projects and added to a 4th which had been a U.F.O. I'd thought about sending to "yarn heaven" but decided to see if it was worth keeping around.

I cast on my fish for the day (of course), then I started my first MD warshcloth, and then my 3rd and last MD nesting box (for now). I am loving the the warshcloth best at this point (shhh!! Don't tell the other projects-especially the fish, they're sensitive these days and are feeling neglected). My goal for the nesting boxes is to have them finished and seamed by Labor Day weekend which is when I'd like to make my first attempt at felting. The 4th project wasn't an official cast on but I wanted to see if it was worth salvaging. I like the color of the yarn, but it is a bee-otch to work with and am constantly adding stitches. It had been so long since I worked on it I don't even remember how many stitches each row is suppose to have. Right now there are 21 per row. I'll give it sometime before decided its final fate.


I also felt like cooking up a storm and made a batch of blueberry muffins and 2 loaves of blueberry/banana bread. The bread got put in the freezer for future use and plan on feeding off the muffins for the next week or so.

At 3:00 I looked at the clock and thought it was time to get ready for SnB but all of a sudden everything I did today hit me and I was just too pooped to go but at least stayed home and enjoyed the little rain we got. I'll be there next week though!

3 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

We missed you today! Can I have a muffin??

 
At 8/06/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Yeah -- you could have brought us muffins! ;-)

Have fun at school tomorrow!

 
At 8/07/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah!! oh wait i didn't go either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home