Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yarn Yarn Yarn!



My "stash" was increased in the span of a week from the following purchases: The top picture is the LYS in Ely, MN where I was visiting family and bought 2 hanks of Malabrigo in "sunset" and 2 hanks of Malabrigo in "garnet." I also purchased a "Cables and Vine" scarf pattern and an Entrelac scarf pattern(good practice for Lady Eleanor). The neat thing about the Ely LYS is that it definitely had a "small town" feel to it-in a good way. It was a place where you wanted to curl up in a chair and start knitting. It is packed front to back and top to bottom with yarn, books, needles, and buttons. I even overheard a customer saying, "Last winter when I was here dog sledding I picked up the neatest buttons."-Not something I'd hear in S.A. that's for sure!!



The third pic is my Sugar 'n Cream yarn I bought from Michael's for a dollar a piece at their yarn sale. Plenty of M/D warshrags are sure to come from those!



Finally, the "Pièce de résistance," while at Hill Country Weavers this past Saturday I purchased the Prism yarn I had been oogling over for weeks. I didn't even realize they carried it and was thrilled when Kim pointed it out to me. It was so difficult trying to decide which color and kind ("Wild", "Cool" or "Neat") to get. I was so thankful I could hold it in my hot little hands and get a feel for it rather than having to order it online without really knowing what it is like in person. I ended up getting 450 yards of Prism's "Neat Stuff" in their "Storm" shade which is comprised of blacks, browns, purples and blues-good winter colors! The fiber content is listed as: rayon, cotton, nylon, kid mohair, wool, alpaca, poly (everything but the kitchen sink!) I'm afraid to even knit with it given it's price and keep it in a protective covering and fondle it now and then-I'm sure I'll get over that at some point :-) I also purchased some Berroco ribbon yarn and the Huggable Hedgehogs pattern.

1 Comments:

At 8/13/2006 , Blogger Courtney said...

Minnesota has the best yarn stores. One of my favorites is Among the Pines in Baxter, MN.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home