Saturday, July 22, 2006

Front Porch Coffee & Tea

I am back again at Front Porch Coffee & Tea enjoying some coffee, quiche and high speed internet! My parent have "dial up" at the cabin but it takes too long to to download emails and such-so here I am!! The weather is gorgeous: highs in the upper 70's low 80's; lows in the 50's and 60's...I do feel like a "city gal" amongst all the canoes, campers, and crunchy granola types. Which is really strange since I pretty much grew up in the area. Ely is pretty much the last town before the wilderness between MN and Canada. It's where everyone comes to go camping, canoe trips, and other outdoorzey type of activities. My parents grew up here and have had a cabin up here since before I was born. I remember lots of summers spent up here at the lake. DH and I are staying at a hotel "in town" and spend our days at the cabin (an indication how truly city folk we really are).

On the needles: The fish are back!!! My mom (who the blanket is for) and sister were impressed with my fish makin' ability although mom commented on how the fish looked much bigger in the pictures on my blog :-)I'm still debating on what I want to purchase at the LYS. It's going to be a case of me purchasing yarn without a project in mind-go figure! Better go before my computer time runs out!

2 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 , Blogger janna said...

It sounds like such a nice vacation! Enjoy the cool evenings!

 
At 7/25/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great you are have such a good time.
Have a safe trip home, K.

take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home