Monday, July 17, 2006

Scenes from a SnB






Here are some pictures from last night's SnB. Several friends and family members have often wondered what my new found knitting group is like. I also want to let anyone who hasn't come but wants to, know that we really are a bunch of fun, friendly and talkative "knitsters"!! Please join us-the more the merrier!

On the needles: I finished knitting the small Mason-Dixon felted box and am 3/4 the way through the medium one. I still want to do the large one and plan on seaming up the sides and felting all three at the same time. The fish will go back on the needles in the next day or two.

Last night I finished reading Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter. I have mixed feelings about it. I didn't think it was a good as At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much but did get enough enjoyment out of it to justify the time reading/cost. In one sense it was good to read about Stephanie's trials and tribulations with her knitted projects, it made a beginner like me feel better about things being difficult at first and how EVERY knitter makes mistakes, even the experienced ones. I found myself wishing there were photos of the projects she described. It just wasn't a book I felt like I would want to read again and again like I did with the Meditations book (I can read that one over and over). I also have Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks yet to read before her visit to Austin in the 29th. I'm bringing it with me on the long roadtrip ahead on me and just from paging through it I think I will like it.

4 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

Great photos. I liked Knitting Rules because it has some great tips plus she admits her own mistakes in knitting and her hatred of swatching - just like me!

 
At 7/17/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pics! I've only read one of Stephanie's books and haven't decided whether or not I want to give "Knitting Rules" a try.

 
At 7/17/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Knitting Rules is different than the other two, because it's more of a how-to/idea/almost-pattern book. I really like it - I'm hoping to get her to sign a copy for me to send to my SP.

 
At 7/18/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics!!
I'm still waiting for my books. *impatiently tapping my foot on the ground*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home