Monday, August 14, 2006

I Survived!

Well, I survived my first day of teaching middle school. After 16 years at the elementary level it was quite a change, but I loved it! I discovered that the students either smelled like B.O. or poured the cologne/perfume bottle over themselves. My morning students (I have 4 morning sections) were active but my 4 afternoon sections were super well behaved and quiet. Guess they were tired too! I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow will bring. I always consider it a good day when we're not on the 5:00 news :-)

I went to SnB last night and really had a good time. It was the perfect thing to calm my "night before the 1st day of school" jitters, yes teachers get them too! I just wished I could have stayed longer to enjoy everyone's company. It was great to see some new people to the group and group members I just hadn't met before. I also wanted to send a BIG thank you to Susan for giving me her Knitter's Companion book(she now has the updated version) and who I also bought some stitch markers from, and to Kim for the lovely pair of stitch markers.

On the needles: I'm going to try try try to finish the warshrag tonight if I can stay awake long enough; I still haven't decided about my 1/2 done fish so I just moved it to a different set of needles so I can start a new fish. I haven't added to my M/D nesting box since last Sunday but I'm not too concerned since I just wanted to get it done by Labor Day.

2 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are more than welcome!

I am thrilled that you're happy with Middle School! I hope your whole year is wonderful!

 
At 8/14/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Oh, Middle School! Surrounded by puberty -- sounds like fun! ;-)

New people at knitting yesterday??? I hate it when I miss new people!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home