Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Zapped!

Zapped-that word says it all.

We had a big thunderstorm in SA on Monday and evidentally our cable line (among other things) got zapped by lightning. Because we have cable for everything, our 3 phones got fried, modem got fried, router got fried, and my new IMAC no longer recognizes ethernet or something like that is semi-fried, in addition to the cable and internet not working.....SIGH.....DH bought new phones today, local cable company came out to fix/replace all the cable boxes, modem, etc on Tuesday (after standing DH up Monday afternoon) and my computer is in the shop hopefully only needing a replacement on the ethernet card (everything else seemed to be working) and a new router is on its way. Thankfully we had an extra computer (the one my IMAC replaced) that I am using in the meantime.

But wait...there's more....the garage door opener got zapped along with our front lawn lights. It's been really strange trying to make sense on what got "hit" and what didn't. Or what we haven't discovered yet.

Personally I'm also zapped...physically, mentally, emotionally. It's the end of the school year and it just gets crazy busy...and when work gets crazy busy...people get crazy....can't write about it here but will be more than willing to share the story in person-it's a doozy!!! Thank goodness there's only 17 days left.

Good thing I'm only knitting fish these days! It's May 2nd and I'm still on track-2 fish knit!!!

5 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Oh, man, that's awful! I do try to remember to shut down and unplug my iBook if I think it's going to storm while I'm gone, but I didn't on Monday, so I guess I'm lucky.

 
At 5/02/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Hey I saw that crappy weather you guys were having on the news up here! Well, on the plus side, the last person I know that got zapped like that it caused a slow smoldering electrical fire behind her wall and yeah well firemen brandishing axes is never a good thing.
Glad to hear you're back up and running!

 
At 5/02/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was just stuff that got damaged and not you!

I can hear a storm rolling in right now so I think I'll sign off.

 
At 5/03/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

Sorry to hear you got zapped! I'm glad the damaged stuff is all easily replacable/fixable.

 
At 5/03/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

I am so sorry to hear about all that was zapped-at least no one was injured!
I have also finished 3 fish in three days! Thanks for the motivation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home