Sunday, September 09, 2007

Finally!!

I finally have an F.O. to show!


Pattern: Baby Blanket with Embossed Hearts which can be found here or here.
Yarn: Muench/GGH Goa. Used 3 balls each of White, Pink, and Hot Pink
Needles: U.S. Size 10 circulars- 24" (from my set of Denise's)
Finished Size: 28" X 28"
Learned Technique: Reading a chart! This was a great pattern for the first time at chart reading.

Notes:
I loved working with this yarn while knitting. Weaving the ends in was another story. I ended up having to split the ends so that the weaving in wouldn't look so bulky. When I washed the blanket I included 1 sheet of this:



As you can see, none of the colors bled. Love that!!!

Speaking of new products. I also discovered these:


They are yummy yummy yummy!

Some of my current W.I.P.'s:

I'm back to knitting fish:


I have 4 yellow, 13 purple, and 16 blue ones left to knit out of my 160. I'm hoping to get the yellow and purple finished this month and the blue ones in October.

I'm also still working on the Huggable Hedgehog:




AND

These glovelets:


These have actually been around since June but I haven't worked on them since being up at the cabin. I decided to join this knitalong to motivate me not only to finish this pair, but knit 2 more before the holidays.

4 Comments:

At 9/09/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Beautiful blanket!!! Your blanket knitting skills are to be admired (I would have burned out by the first strip!)

 
At 9/10/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is gorgeous, great job!

Your mitts are looking very cute too, I really like the pattern with that yarn. You're motivating me to go dig up my old pair and wear them. =)

 
At 9/10/2007 , Blogger NoSheep4U said...

It's beauti-mous! Awesome job!

 
At 9/16/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad the color catcher worked! Remember how worried we all were about that at SnB?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home