Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a Week!

I was so busy last week that these sat unopened for nearly 5 days-unheard of for me!!!


The larger box was a metal wall letter holder. I'd been wanting something like this to help organize my desk space for quite awhile and ended up ordering it on Ebay. I love it-and it already has some letters in it!



The smaller box was 3 skeins of aubergine #102 allhemp6 from the hemp for knitting collection.

Evidently aubergine is a highly sought after color since it was on back order for nearly 2 months. I love the color and think it was worth the wait!! I already used it to cast on for Everlasting Bagstopper from Knitty. I've seen several made out of the Sugar n' Cream yarn-we all have tons of- and plan to make more using that.



The yarn itself is a bit "splitty" and hard on the hands. I've read this gets better over time. I'm also using my Knit Picks Options needles for this and didn't know how fabulous these were!! Love them!!!

Here's an alternate bag pattern for those interested.

I also discovered on "The Office" knitting group on Ravelry that you can find fun office accessories such as these in the "dollar spot" at T a r g e t.


Lastly, I tried this new recipe today and it was declared a yummy success! My notes: I added green pepper to the onions, and topped the meat mixture with some slices of mozzerella cheese. Be careful how much Lawry's you add, mine ended up being too salty-my fault though.

4 Comments:

At 9/17/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee! Love your Office stuff. Can't wait for the premier!


I love that rich color! I can see why it was backordered!

 
At 9/17/2007 , Blogger NoSheep4U said...

Girl, you just made my day! Jonboy loves philly steak sandwiches and I'm thinking this recipe has his name all over it. But if he touches a Marlboro, I'll have to have words with him - ha! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Don't those Options ROCK?? I absolutely love mine and am now drooling over the wooden ones - maybe I'll add it to the Christmas list...

 
At 9/20/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

Not fair. The cheesesteak sandwich is actually one of the meat items that I still miss after 15 years as a vegetarian.

The only three things there is no good veggie alternative for:
cheesesteak
tuna
fried chicken

I need to go to Green http://greensanantonio.com

 
At 9/20/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

cool stuff. I love aubergine. I just like saying it. heehe

and that recipe looks good although a little too much butter for my gallbladder these days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home