Sunday, September 23, 2007

Some Progress

Just a friendly reminder for "k" who suggested a delicious pork stew for my lunch contest to check out Amanda's etsy store and let me know which yarn you would like. You can email me at amysatx "at" y a h o o "dot" c o m so I can get this to you ASAP. If I don't hear from "k" by next Sunday I'll have a second chance drawing (I still have the slips with names).

I have actually started making progress on a knitted item. Here's where I'm at with the Everlasting Bagstopper:

Either the hemp has softened up or I've gotten used to it, but either way, it hasn't been bad to knit with at all(other than some shedding). The teacher in me wonders if I should worry about knitting with "hemp" at school when the drug dogs come to visit.

I realized again yesterday how knitting can be exasperating. It took me 3 tries at picking up the frickin' stitches on the base before I realized what I was doing wrong. It's so frustrating to read about what an easy pattern it is and you can't get past picking up stitches...grrr... I finally figured it out though-it was so stupid what I was doing I don't even want to tell you-let's just say it was looking more like a moebius. I just don't know what I was thinking...sigh... It really IS an easy pattern once you get passed the picking up of stitches and the first few rows at knitting in the round.

I'm up to 4 W.I.P.'s and have devised a system. Rather than pick certain projects up whenever I felt like it (I never seemed to get to my fish). I'm going to focus on 1 project a week and see how that goes. Here's my schedule for the next 6 weeks:

Week 1: bag
Week 2: fish
Week 3: hedgehog
Week 4: fish
Week 5: fingerless gloves
Week 6: fish

It will be interesting to see how well I stick to it. The good thing is if I stick to this schedule, I should pretty much be done with knitting the fish. during my "fish week" as long as I've done my fish for the day, I can work on another project (my loop hole).

It will be hard not to start anything new though! Especially since I stumbled across this pattern to use with some sari ribbon yarn I scored on clearance awhile ago. There's even some steeking involved-yikes!



Finally, I hate to disappoint my St@rbucks lovin' friends, but I am not digging the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It tastes like a slice of hot pumpkin pie in a cup. I realize to some that might taste good, but to me I like my pumpkin pie on a plate with some whip cream. I'll stick to my tried and true non-fat, extra hot, grande Caramel Macchiato.

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

The only one of Buckstar's seasonal beverages that I really love is the holiday Peppermint Mocha. I haven't tried the Pumpkin, but I'll take your word for it. I tried the Cinnamon Valentine's Day concoction and it wasn't good.

 
At 9/24/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Yeah, I don't like the pumpkin stuff either. Of course I'm pretty boring -- I just like a non-fat latte with half the normal amount of syrup - either hazelnut or vanilla. The special flavors always taste like they're trying to hard!

And that steeked scarf is pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home