Saturday, September 27, 2008

Traveling Scarf

I decided on a whim to join the Teachers Who Knit Traveling Scarf group on Ravelry. The basics are to start a scarf in a fiber of your choice-our group is open ended- and pass it around a "circle" with each person in the group adding 3 - 4 inches in a yarn/stitch of their choice (unless you specify) until it comes back to you (in about 5-6 months). Our group has 14 teachers in it from all over the country with a two week "turn around" time frame.

I chose to use some Malabrigo that's been sitting in my stash for a few years and try out the Scroll pattern I loved so much from Enid's scarf. I decided to not put any specifications on what gets added to my scarf. Monday I'll be packing up my "seed" to send to my downstream person. It will be interesting to see what will become if it!

If another purple group opens up soon, I'll be joining that one too! Meanwhile, I need to get back to some of my projects which have been waiting patiently for me to get my act together and knit.

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

you know that pattern mixes color well. I like it. LOOKS FABULOUS!! :D

 
At 9/28/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

THAT is totally cool! I love it!

 
At 9/28/2008 , Blogger Michelle said...

That sounds like a blast! I wonder what you'll have in the end.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home