Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Crunchy Minnows

Thought I'd share about some new things I've stumbled across.

1. Knit Map-What a great way to search out yarn stores! It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. Plus it was fun to see all the yarn stores I'd go by if I was driving from here to Minnesota via I35 by just clicking and dragging my way north.

2. Former SA SnBer Kim has opened her own Etsy shop and is selling memory boards. When I spied a purple one I just had to get it! I've already placed one of my knitting pins on it and just love it!

3. "H D" is my favorite premium ice cream so when I saw this flavor I just had to try it. It's so good and hard to portion out the 4 servings per package (I can usually squeeze out three). They also have a Dark Chocolate Pomegranate that's delicious too!

4. This morning I decided to treat myself and try the outrageously priced oatmeal from S-bux. The oatmeal was actually quite good-although easily can be done at home much cheaper-which I will do in the future. But what really caught my eye was the new hot chocolate flavors, specifically the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Good grief it was yummy! I had finished it in a matter of minutes!! It was a bit rich though and would probably go for the "tall" rather than the "grande" next time and/or try it with nonfat milk and sans whip cream.


5. Finally, from the "miss" department were these:

Officially they are rice crackers wrapped with seaweed (I thought they'd be a healthy snack), but they taste like crunchy minnows to me...And that's not a good thing! I'm sure if you like that type of thing, you'll like these. Me, not so much, but then again I don't like things that taste too fishy.

5 Comments:

At 10/01/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man! Those crunchy minnow things bring back memories!! Either I had them in 2nd grade when we were learning world geography, or my old man introduced me to them. Regardless--they were good!!

Salty sweet seems to be the new wave!

 
At 10/01/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I just made the chocolate chip cookies with sea salt on top,and the sweet/salty combo was great. But crunchy minnows -- no......

 
At 10/02/2008 , Blogger Michelle said...

Ah yes, the cracker-thingies certainly are an acquired taste! I like most Japanese snacks, particularly the sweets because they are too sweet, but I was raised on that stuff.

I'm going to have to check out the ice cream, especially the dark chocolate pom! Ugh, now I'm craving ice cream for breakfast! heehee

Your memory board looks great!

 
At 10/02/2008 , Blogger Courtney said...

That ice cream is the best! I had it for the first time this summer in Seattle and I finally found it here at the HEB at 281 and 1604. The Sesame Brittle flavor is also quite delicious.

 
At 10/08/2008 , Blogger Kim said...

I'm so glad you like it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home