Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year! DH and I rang in the New Year with some friends last night and today are looking forward to a quiet day filled with football, food and fiber (knitting variety). DH made some black eyed peas last night so 2009 is sure to be filled with good luck!

In keeping with my non traditional tendencies, we are having a turkey dinner with all the trimmings today. It's our first turkey of the holiday season and we are both looking forward to leftovers.

I can't think of a better way to start a new year but with a finished object! I finally finished my scarf for the World Winter Special Olympics. I'd had it done for awhile but had to weave in a million ends and then wash the crunchiness (I'm sooo not kidding about this) out of the acrylic yarn . It was for a good cause but I am sure glad to be done with it. I had thought about adding fringe but am sending it as is.


Project: Special Olympics World Winter Games Scarf
Pattern: here
Length: 66 inches
Yarn: Red Heart Yarn Color 0885-Delft Blue and 0311-White (as required in guidelines)
Needles: U.S. 10

2 Comments:

At 1/02/2009 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man! Where did you find Blue Delft???? Every store I hit stopped carrying that color! I wanted to do a scarf for this project, but I wasn't about to special order Red Heart over the internets.

 
At 1/02/2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
The scarf looks fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home