Saturday, February 14, 2009

IT IS AN UPDATE

I cracked up when I saw the most recent episode of "The Office" where Dwight had put up a sign celebrating Kelly's birthday: IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Nothing big happening here...just a bunch of little stuff:

  • Finally finished My One Row Handspun (actually acrylic) Scarf.


    • Pattern: One Row Handspun Scarf
    • Yarn: Vanna's Choice (I had a giftcard to use up, it was for the son of a friend, and the right color). I normally don't knit with acrylic but sometimes it just works out that way.
    • Needles: sz 8
    • CO 26 stitches
    • Ending dimensions-72" X 5"
    • Notes: Easy pattern...would definitely knit again!!!
  • Stopped at my favorite plant nursery today and picked up some tomato plants (still waiting for the cherry tomato plants to come in) and some Carolina Jasmine-lurve the smell.

The tomato plants were part of DH's Valentine gift-I got him some high quality chocolates too! He loved it! Plus we'll have tomatoes in a few months!


  • Sent my Coffeeswap 4 package today...to Canada..also learned you can't use purple ink on the customs form.
  • Finished reading In Cold Blood earlier in the week-supporting my sister(who finished faster than I) who is trying to read 50 books this year. Found it rather haunting...not only do I know of students with similar backgrounds to Perry's and can't help but wonder what will become of them, I also found myself relating to this quote from the book:
My acquaintances are many, my friends are few, those who really know me fewer still.

I'm not sure if how closely I resemble that quote a bad thing or not.

Needless to say after reading about 4 murders and 2 executions, I am relieved to be reading Married in Seattle now.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2009 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Eeek. I bought In Cold Blood from a used bookstore. Halfway through the book, I found a snapshot of a man practicing shooting his handgun on a beach that someone had used as a bookmark. Creepified the book even more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home