Friday, February 06, 2009

Taddy Bear Club Party

About 6 months or so ago, the granddaughter of my neighbors along her parents moved in next door. She seems to be the social director for the block since there are usually hoards of kids in the back/front-yard. It can sometimes be annoying since they're not the best about picking up after themselves, but when I came home from work and saw this sign posted on the door going to their backyard, I just melted. I wanted to be 8 1/2 years old all over again......SIGH.....


"Taddy (love the spelling) Bear Club Party this Saturday"


Of course it made me dig out my childhood teddy bear. Or at least what's left of him.

It was made out of my grandpa's old coat and I guess I loved it to pieces given its current state. No eyes, mouth and several worn areas. Grandma sure knew how to sew something that would last-it's at least 35 years old!

Think they'll let me into their club if I show up with him tomorrow?

5 Comments:

At 2/07/2009 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh wow, for a split second I thought maybe you had picked all the hair off your teddy bear. My little brother used to do that all the time.

 
At 2/07/2009 , Blogger janna said...

My teddy has big bald spots, and no eyes. I took him to college with me, and my roommates convinced me to sew on eyes. I did, but he looked all wrong so I cut them off, which freaked said roomies out even more!!

I don't understand people who willingly part with their teddy bears....

 
At 2/08/2009 , Blogger Michelle said...

Sooo sweet!

 
At 2/08/2009 , Blogger Courtney said...

Oh, that's so cute!

 
At 2/09/2009 , Blogger Enid said...

awww That is too cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home