Wednesday, December 20, 2006

McCookiePants

Here are a few of my "Finished Objects" for the day:



Cookies!!

In addition to shopping for all of the ingredients, I made a batch of Peanut Blossoms, Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies, Pretzel Cookies (mini pretzel with peanut butter and caramel dabbed on it then covered in a chocolate coating), and Cut Out cookies. I realized I had a "fish" cookie cutter and figured what better shape to take to the beach: fish-shaped cookies, along with some traditional seasonal shapes!

I also made three batches of Chex mix (not pictured).

I did cheat and buy the premade tube of peanut butter cookie dough for the Blossoms and Reese's cookies. Hey- today was my day to bake so I needed to make adjustments in order to get everything done.

I also "cheated" and bought 2 packs of these for the cut-out cookies:



These were great to work with. I had deleted the cut-out cookies from my list to make until I saw these in the store.

I plan on decorating the rest of the sugar cookies tomorrow (I just did a few for the photo) and make caramel corn on Friday.

I even got a few gifts ordered for DH (yes I was a procrastinator and they'll be late). Tomorrow is my "Shopping Day" to pick up a few more things for him and hopefully find some time to knit!

I've also been tagged by Janna for a meme so I'll try to get that up tomorrow as well.

Now that the kitchen is finally cleaned up-I'm ready to kick back and relax for the rest of the evening!

2 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 , Blogger janna said...

l LOVE Peanut Blossoms - I plan on making some on Saturday. And I love the idea that you're baking fish as well as knitting them! ;-)

 
At 12/21/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Your cookies look yummy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home