Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Urge to Purge

Yes....I'm feeling it...the urge to purge....

Every year at this time I get the "itch" to toss all the "excess" in the house. Old magazines, frozen food I know we won't eat, cabinet food I know we won't make, spices that are over a year old, old clothes, towels, etc-you get the picture. Plus get rid of the Christmas cookies-I can't even stand the smell of them at this point. This year, I'm feeling something new. I want all my dishes to match! It's bugging the crap out of me that I have three + different styles of plates, bowls, etc. When DH and I got married and moved into the house 1 1/2 years ago he brought his dishware, I brought mine and my Mom gave me a set of her Corelle that she grew tired of. I really like the pattern of the Corelle so I'm wanting to add to it. Which means getting rid (donating) the other stuff.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Christmas at the beach was hectic and I'm glad to be back home. Told Mom next year we're ordering "Pizz@ Hut" for Christmas eve dinner and just doing a big dinner on Christmas Day. Its just too much work when we're only there for a few days to have 2 days of major meals to cook and clean up after. She was all for that.

Here's a pic of all the knitting I did in the last week:













Yup...That's right..nada! I just didn't have the energy. But I have been reading Knitting Rules and loving it! I bought it last summer and couldn't get in to it then and picked it back up a few days ago and don't want to put it down.

In other knitting related news, nearly everyone I know has a set of these, and I didn't want to be left out, so I ordered a set. I also recently bought a set of Denise's from Michelle so I'll get to decide which ones I like better.
Dueling interchangable needles!
I finally decided it was time to get a ball winder and swift.

After browsing @m@zon, I ended up ordering The Friday Night Knitting Club and The Northampton Wools Knitting Book: The Shop Patterns (mainly because it was so cheap-$4.99!) along with a few other non-knitting related titles.

I think I'll be set in the "knitting" department for awhile!!

Well, time to get back to "work." I need to clean off my desk for my new computer (Christmas gift from DH) should be coming today-YAY!!! Plus back up all my files and save all my links and email addresses. Also on my "To Do" list is to make some killer spaghetti sauce and then relax with some knitting tonight.

3 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one going through this. I blamed it on being preggers and all hormonal. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I'm interested to see what you think about the denises and the knitpicks.

I'm not crazy about my denises.

 
At 12/28/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We purge at this time of year too. Actually, we try to do it twice a year but I still manage to have too much crap in my house.

I think you'll like the KP needler. They're hela cool.

 
At 12/30/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

You just need to move every coupla years. We clean out a ton then - but somehow still have 400 tagged items to move.

I think you will end up using both sets of needles. The KP will be great for most yarns but really slippery ones will need Denise. You will LOVE having interchangables !!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home