Sunday, January 07, 2007

1st FO's of 2007!

Yesterday was perfect knitting weather in my book: cold, damp and gray:


It's pretty much as close to "winter" type days as we're going to get down here.

With the help of days like yesterday, I was able to complete these:


My first Finished Objects (FO's) of the Year!

Now, those of you who know me can't be too surprised that they're fish! I have a love/hate relationship with the Neverending Fish Blanket. It originally was suppose to be finished by this past December, but that obviously didn't happen (I liked knitting other things too!). So my new goal will be to have it complete by next December. The blanket is for my Winter Texan Parents who spend Dec. 1-March 31st in a condo on S. Padre Island. To help me stay on track, I've set up some "Fish Knitting Goals."

1. I will knit 10 fish a month for January, February, March and April
2. For May, I have the theme "Knit a Fish a Day in May"

At that point I will see where I am at with the fish and the size of the blanket. I have already knit 50 fish, so if I knit all I'm hoping to by June 1st, it will put me at 121 or so fish. My original goal was to knit 160 but reassessing at that point will help me to better decided exactly how big I want the blanket and the color scheme.

So for my "January Fish Goal," I already have 3 fish done and I finished those in a little over a day. I'm amazed at how much faster I am at knitting the fish now than I was in the beginning of this project (last June). Knitting them is very relaxing and mindless for me-but after awhile also very monotonous. That's why I'm sticking to only 10 a month til May. By then I'm hoping I'll be motivated enough with the catchy slogan and end of the schoolyear approaching to do the 1 fish a day...or at least 31 for the month since I can often knit more than one per day on the weekend.

Wish me luck!

I am knitting other projects too (hat, scarf, dishcloth) but will post progress pics of those in a future entry.

Today's all about the fish!

3 Comments:

At 1/07/2007 , Blogger janna said...

A Fish a Day in May! I love it! I'm trying to figure out how we can join you in this challenge, but fish aren't on my agenda.....

 
At 1/08/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

You Can Do It!

 
At 1/08/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

You can do EeEeT!!
You Go Girl!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home