Saturday, January 13, 2007

Goodies..and a Meme

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! I had a fun week!!
The big "4" "0" isn't so bad afterall.

Now on to the "Goodies!" (Click on photos to enlarge)

Minnesota Goodies!


One of the most fun gifts I received for my birthday was from my younger sister (who lives in Duluth, MN).
She sent what she named, "Minnesota in a Box."
There was maple syrup, pancake mix, coffee mug, wild rice, jams; along with some soaps, sachels and incense that smell like the various scents of a pine forest. The little log cabin looking thing is an incense burner with pine smelling smoke that comes out the chimney. She works here where she was able to get everything. Basically, my office area smells like a pine forest at this point.



Knitting Goodies!


This is the result of my post Christmas shopping spree. I bought a ball winder, swift, Knit Pick Options, a needle holder and one of many magazines. On the winder and swift is my yarn from some recent kool-aid dyeing.



Reading Goodies!


I "scored" when I went to Sam's and bought the latest Janet Evanovich book (I heart Stephanie Plum) and the 4th Traveling Pants book(which had sold out at Target and Borders).
Speaking of books, here a meme that Erin tagged me for:


Find the nearest book. Turn to page 123.
Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
Name the book and the author, and tag three more folks.

Here it goes:

Do you guys play poker? Have you got any money?
Diesel, Russell, Ernie, and Ralph were still at the kitchen table when Charlene got home.


The book is Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich.
ummm...ya....nothing too earth shattering there.

If anyone would like to play, consider yourself tagged.

Finally, my last "Goody"



DVR Goodies!

Here's just a snippet of what's waiting to be watched on the DVR. Now if I could convince DH that he'd rather watch football on the other TV.

Happiness is having books to read, yarn to knit, and my favorite shows recorded on the DVR to watch!

Here's to hoping we get a "snow day" on Tuesday for an extra extra long weekend!!!

5 Comments:

At 1/13/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

Nice Duluth Pack!

 
At 1/13/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

 
At 1/14/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "props" sister!! Glad you're enjoying your MN goodies! Love you soooo much!

 
At 1/14/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Seems that it was a wonderful time!

 
At 1/15/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

happy b'day again! i just finished the latest in "plum" craziness. some great lol moments!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home