Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Oh Happy Day!!!!

Yippee!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!
Thanks to the great "Arctic Blast of 2007" I have an "ice day" off from work. There had been rumblings of the possibility of this late last week and believe it or not, it actually came true!! This is a big deal in San Antonio! It doesn't happen very often and as a teacher, I think I'm more excited about it than the students!!

I took a "before" picture yesterday of it raining in order to get a great comparison shot. Here's the "before" picture (click on to enlarge):

Arctic "Rain"



I'd heard talk of possible snow so I was excited to see how beautiful the frozen precipitation was going to look. Boy, was I disappointed. There is a sheet of ice on the car, and it is slippery but not real photogenic at my house (so no "great comparison shot").

Arctic Ice (Click on the pic to enlarge):

The deck is actually very slippery. The sparkly flecks are ice.

Icicles on the grill.

YAWNNNNNN..I know...not real exciting shots. I don't think CNN or the Weather Channel are going to be fighting over these shots.



What's a girl to do with an unexpected day off??

Here's my Arctic Blast Agenda:

1. Knitting:


I decided to name this scarf: Arctic Blast Scarf. I have several projects going and the variety is great, but it takes FOREVER to actually finish anything that way. So I'm going to focus my time and energy today on this scarf. And I'd love to get it done today, but in reality will probably just finish with the first ball of yarn.

2. Drink coffee all through the day. Rather than my usual slamming a cup down on my way to work. I know I may be posting another entry at 3:00 a.m. because of the caffeine...but oh well.

3. Make chili

Also on the agenda:

4. Make banana pudding. For some reason I'm having a craving for banana pudding!! It probably has something to do with the Nilla wafers I bought for DH that I am constantly seeing when I go into the kitchen. I don't even know if I have all the ingredients. I'll need to do some surfing to see if I can find a recipe.

Time to pour a cup of coffee and find a banana pudding recipe!

Have a good day!!

5 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your day off. Enjoy it!

By the way, I'm a new reader of your blog, and I'm wondering what kind of teacher you are?

 
At 1/16/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm drinking lots of coffee today, too! Later I think we're going to do an art project...probably paint. I know. I'm a very brave mommy!

Enjoy your day!!!!

 
At 1/16/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Yes, coffee and knitting here, too. And I made chili yesterday.

Hope you've got bananas!

 
At 1/16/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

Enjoy your day off! So far, none of my students have cancelled their lessons for this afternoon. I think I'm also going to make chili, knit, and drink coffee, at least until 4:30.

 
At 1/16/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luck duck! It's only freezing cold up here (feels something like -20 below). Hey, I really like that scarf! (hint-hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge)!! Love you sister!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home