Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Don't Ask Don't Tell

My DH and I have a policy we jokingly refer to when it comes to the financial aspect our hobbies-Don't Ask Don't Tell. I don't ask about how much he spends buying things like this on Eb@y :


He still has another car "on the way" but insists he's bought all he wants. These represent all the cars he would like to own someday. He didn't care if they were used or not. Cars are just the latest fad for him, he's gone through interests in watches, clothing, and various infomercial products.

In return for my not asking about the pricing details of his "toys" he doesn't ask me about the cost of my goodies:


This basket is the result of some recent online shopping done at Eb@y (Berroco yarn), Yarn Market ( GOA yarn), and Loopy Ewe ( Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, Soak , and some DPNs). I was very impressed with the service of Loopy Ewe. I placed the order over a weekend and it arrived 3 days later with some extra little goodies and a personal note. I would definitely buy from them again!

Here's what's on the needles these days:


I'm continuing to work on fish here and there even though I've met my quota for the month. I also started a warshcloth yesterday with the Ecoknit yarn I bought this past weekend. I'm really digging the "natural colors" of the yarn. It's a nice change from the "brightness" of the Sugar 'n Cream yarn.


Sock update:


Ugh....It's embarrasing how slow I am at this, but am bound and determined to figure it out. Besides, it's not like I'm trying to meet a sock knitting deadline. I tend to not get too much done during the week since by the time I pull it out in the evening I'm tired and don't have much patience. I worked through the cuff and heel flap ok, but when it came to turning the heel, it took me at least 4 times to do it until I got what I think is the correct way. At least it doesn't phase me to have to rip back and pick up stitches anymore. Don't tell me if you see something wrong...let me live in the bliss of thinking I finally got it right for the time being.

5 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 , Blogger janna said...

oooohhh -- pretty stuff! And don't worry about the sock -- you'll get it!

 
At 3/28/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm a slow sock knitter too. Don't worry!

Hey, at least with yarn it becomes something in the end (usually). Can't make a sweater out of model cars ;-)

 
At 3/28/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a slow sock knitter. I guess I just like to savor it...or I'm just slow!

The sock looks great!!

 
At 3/28/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

That yarn looks delicious. Hey, your sock is coming along great! Don't even sweat the speed. You're awesome!

 
At 3/29/2007 , Blogger Steven said...

Great looking sock. So what if it takes a while. As a friend of mine says "You'll just knit something else."

I think it's lookin' good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home