Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day in my Life

I saw Elisa's blog entry by way of Chris awhile back and had really wanted to get my post in for the contest but just didn't make it in time. So today I decided I'd write about my day..a fairly typical day....

5:20 a.m. Alarm goes off.

5:30 a.m. Decide to get up rather than hit snooze a few more times. Usual morning routine: Shower, iron clothes for the day, pack school bag, get the paper, pack lunch, check email real quick.


6:30 a.m. Leave for work.



6:40 a.m. This is what the I35 southbound traffic looks like @ 6:40 a.m. Sorry my windows are so dirty. The frightening thing was that I was driving, talking on my cell phone and taking a picture at the same time. Be glad you were not in the lane next to me.


6:50 a.m. Stop at my favorite breakfast taco place to get a taco. Today it was free!! I guess things were backed up on the cash register and when I drove up to pay (I'm a regular) the cashier told me to "not worry about it" and didn't charge me.



7:10 a.m. Breakfast! I like getting to work and ease into the day with my coffee (another stop was made at Mickey D's for the coffee) and taco. I usually check my email, look over my lessons for the day, make copies, correct papers, enter grades, meet with other teachers, etc., and sometimes even have time to knit.


9:15 a.m. My first class begins and I teach teach teach til 11:43 a.m.

11:43-12:13 is lunch. Today's lunch consists of cake (from the cafeteria) and watermelon. I tend to take a working lunch. I have so many stops to make (restroom, copy machine, mailbox, nurse's office) I usually down lunch in about 10 minutes which today left about 5 minutes for knitting. You can tell my desk has accumulated quite a few papers from my morning classes.



Lunchtime knitting.


12:13-3:30 Teach Teach Teach


4:30 p.m. Meet a friend for some margaritas at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants-Paloma Blanca. They have neat events such as a monthly Tequila Tasting Party and this ArtSoup fund raiser. Today I was drinking the "Sangria Swirl" Margarita. Even the salt on the glass was tasty!!!



6:15 p.m. Traffic heading home (I35 northbound).



6:30 p.m. Look who's waiting for me!


Rest of evening: Hang out with DH, watch a little TV, surf the net, knit, read a little, fall asleep.

How do you spend your day???!!!

5 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your day!

 
At 3/09/2007 , Blogger Chris said...

LOL - I AM glad I wasn't in the lane next to you! I-35 is much less snowy down your way than up here. :)

 
At 3/09/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Grrl, you are such a cutie pie! I love the photo walk! Kinda reminds me of "The Lake House." Kinda.

I might have to jack this idea.

 
At 3/10/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

You had me up until the Bill Miller sign. After that my eyes glazed over and I was lost in my memories of breakfast tacos and chicken tenders with creamy gravy.

 
At 3/13/2007 , Blogger BertandFelix said...

I also just started the fish afgan! Using merino wool, size 5's. I have 5 of them done already but I am only going to do a baby blanket. They are addicting.

Here is my blog www.bertandfelix.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home