Sunday, February 25, 2007

Traveling Fish

Here's the view from my new favorite knitting place:



This was the view I had as I knit on the balcony of my hotel room in South Padre Island. I absolutely loved listening to the sounds of the waves and seagulls-not to mention the view. It was such a fast-paced weekend I didn't spend as much time on the balcony knitting as I would have like.

Fish adventures:

Fish on the balcony


Fish in Progresso, Mexico



I spent the weekend on S.Padre Island with my best friend (sans DH's) saying "good-bye" to my folks before they head back to Minnesota. It's so hard saying good-bye to Mom (and Dad). It's only been two years since we dealt with Mom's breast cancer and chemotherapy (which required me making weekly trips to Harlingen for awhile). She's cancer free now (but also has had a double mastectomy and removal of several lymph nodes which is causing other side effects with circulation). As they get older (and me too) it gets harder and harder to say good-bye. I always have a fear in the back of my mind as to what the next year is going to bring to them physically and try to savor every moment we have together. We had lots of laughs, ate good food, and most importantly, made more memories.

6 Comments:

At 2/25/2007 , Blogger janna said...

It's hard, isn't it? They probably felt the same way when the sent you off to college, or your first faraway job..... (Oh, and nice fish!)

 
At 2/25/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

 
At 2/26/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

Looks like you and the fish had a wonderful time.

 
At 2/26/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

I definitely feel what you're saying!

You look so adorable in your pic! I miss you. I sure hope I'll see you Sunday!

 
At 2/27/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

 
At 2/27/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend. It sounds like it was a bit bittersweet. I know how hard it is to watch your parents go through illness. It really reminds you that life is too short not to take advantage of every chance to love them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home