Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One Fish...Two Fish...



Yellow Fish...Blue Fish...


I finished my mini-goal of 10 fish for the month and added yellow to the mix! I'm up to 70 fish knit (out of my goal of 160)!

Here are the colors in my fish palette:



I'm already planning on creating a chart to plan out how the colors are to be arranged...@nal/obsessive..I know!

Speaking of fish...I found someone else who is also making a fish blanket: Amanda ! Although I think she's taking a break from knitting fish to create such awesome patterns as this..and it's in yellow! Be sure to check out the pics!

Also finished in the past week was this book:



It wasn't my favorite knitting themed book I've read but still a good read. I'm more than willing to pass it along at the SNB on Sunday-first come...first get...

One of the sections that really stood out to me was this:

"There's lots of skill to knitting, certainly, but if you ask me, a lot of it is all about the muscle memory," said Georgia. "One day you'll just find your fingers making the moves and your brain will go to this deliciously soothing place, and all the knots in your brain will unwind just as your fingers make knot after knot after knot in the yarn."

I totally relate to the muscle memory and that deliciously soothing place my mind goes. It's become part of my morning routine at work (before the students come) and really relaxes me in a meditative type way.....When I'm not messing up that is...

7 Comments:

At 3/01/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

The picture makes them look like a bag of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers! So glad you are meeting your goal. Knitting is meditative as long as I'm not cussing at some lace repeat where I forgot a yo or some jacked up pattern that is written in anything but plain english and no one will admit to an error.

 
At 3/01/2007 , Blogger ikkinlala said...

Those are very cute fish, and the colours go really well together too.

 
At 3/02/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Such cute fish.

Have you read Knitting Under the Influence? That's a cute one. Well, I'd better camp out at Candlelight if I want to be the first served...

 
At 3/02/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for the link! My own fish knitting has gone on hiatus...yours are so cute and great motivation! I can't wait to see how you chart them up (the inner math geek loves such things!)

 
At 3/03/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

What adorable fishies!

I'm so glad to hear your review of the Friday Night Knitting Club. I've been debating getting/reading it. Now I'm still debating, but I guess I will.

Are you planning to see the movie when it comes out?

 
At 3/03/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I LOVE these fish. I think of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish, too - the shapes are just satisfying, I dunno.

 
At 3/03/2007 , Blogger Daryl said...

My piano teacher used to talk about muscle memory. There is definitely something to it. I am still a very new knitter so I have not yet reached the stage where knitting is really meditative yet but I hope to get there soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home