Thursday, March 29, 2007

Interview

Jumping on the latest meme bandwagon (with a twist) I asked Susan to interview me. I was thrilled with how her questions hit so many aspects of who I am. I hope I can be half as thoughtful with my answers. Thanks Susan!!!

1. Why did you become a teacher?
I came from a family of educators(father, sister, cousins, uncle) so I feel like it was in my blood! I also really like learning and feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment when I feel like I've made an impact on a student's life. I think this love of learning is one of the reasons that I love taking the classes through community ed, etc that I do and why I've continued to challenge myself by teaching different grades. I've taught/worked with students ranging in grades from 1-8th over the course of the last 17 years.

2. What's your most challenging knitting project?
Socks..by far... I'm working on my first pair. Most of my projects I've only had to learn to do one, maybe two new kinds of stitches but with sock knitting I'm doing something new all the time. Talk about a learning curve!!

3. Who's your favorite cookbook author and why?
It's really hard to say. I have more of P@ula Deen's cookbooks than any other one person but wouldn't consider her my "favorite." I tend to like cookbooks with great pictures and realistic recipes. Not ones with 120 ingredients per recipe.

Most Used Cookbook: North Country Cabin Cooking. I've used this cookbook so much over the past 18 years or so I've had to replace it! The recipes remind me of home and "cabin-life." It has some really good muffin recipes in it.

Most Cherished: My Mom's and Grandmother's recipe boxes-with handwritten recipes


Most Recently Purchased/Used: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast

( Buttermilk Baked Chicken , Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, and Bacon-wrapped Asparagus )

4. Do you like reality tv? If so, what's your favorite show? If not,
why not? I do like some reality TV (Big Brother, MTV's True Life, Project Runway) but am not a reality tv junkie by any means. Some shows I'll watch for one or two seasons and then have no desire to watch them again (Survivor, Amazing Race, etc). My current guilty pleasure reality TV is the show about the D@llas Cowboy Cheerle@ders on CMT. Its just wrong on so many levels, but I just can't help but tune in when I see that its on.

5. What makes you feel beautiful?
The love of my DH....or a good pedicure!!!

If you'd like me to interview you, let me know in my comments and I'll send you 5 questions and you can post your answers on your blog.

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Okay -- I'll do it! Gimme five.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home