Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello Friend

Since finishing the One Row Scarf, I was trying to decide what to work on next. I knew I didn't want to work on another scarf (even though I have 2 on the needles). I mentally reviewed my non-scarf WIP's..it hit me!!! My Clapotis!

I think seeing so many of them being worked on at last Thursday's SnB had something to do with it too.

Once I made the decision I could hardly wait to get my hands on my ol' friend, Clapotis. I was a bit nervous though. It had been nearly 6 months since I last worked on it.

Would I remember where I was? Would I know what to do? How much longer before decreasing? How much yarn did I have left? Heck, I didn't even know exactly where it was!

When I did finally find it, I pulled it out of the bag and thankfuly all the stitches were still on the needles.


Hoping I kept accurate notes and the stitch counter was on the right row, I started again.

We're back in business! I have 4 rows left in this straight row repeat section. Then I need to decide if I want to do another round or start the decrease section.

I'm so excited! When I bought the yarn, it was meant for a Spring shawl. With Spring being just around the corner, it will be a good incentive to finish it!!

2 Comments:

At 2/17/2009 , Blogger Kaye said...

Your Clap looks like a springy sand dune! Hooray for being able to pick it up flawlessly again.

 
At 2/17/2009 , Blogger Courtney said...

Pretty Clapotis! I've been working on mine again too. I never use a row counter. I just figure out what row I'm on by the number of stitches before the first stitch marker on the RS. It's always different, so it's easy to figure out. I hope that makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home