Friday, January 19, 2007

MacGyver Knitting


MacGyver was a show from the mid to late 80's where Richard Dean Anderson played this character who was so resourceful he could make a car engine out of a piece of gum, 2 rubber bands and 3 spit balls (or something along those lines).

I had my own "Mini Macgyver" moment this morning. I was tinking on a fish and when it came to tinking a K2Tog I had a hard time getting my needle into the stitches. What I really needed (and didn't have) was a stitch holder. I was at work and hadn't brought my "Knitting First Aid Kit." I surveyed my desk, and in Macgyver style unfolded a paperclip to be my make-shift stitch holder, and it worked!!

This may seem like a minor accomplishment, but I was just glad I didn't get frustrated enough to want to frog it! I may start wanting to knit with pencils or something now!

Anyone else have a Macgyver style knitting story?

4 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

I was knitting a sock in an airport on my way home from Minnesota over the holidays. I knit socks on two circulars and after turning the heel, I needed two stitch markers. Of course, I didn't have any with me, so I got a straw from Starbucks and snipped off two little green stitch markers with my nail clippers. I felt like a genius.

 
At 1/20/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Paperclips are very handy for knitting - I use them for stitchmarkers (both over the needle and to hang off a specific stitch that I need to mark for something) all the time!

 
At 1/21/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Back in my younger days, I thought Richard Dean Anderson was a babe. Upon seeing him in the American Express (?) commercials, I see not much has changed.

Gotta love office supplies, huh?

 
At 1/21/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a knitter after my own heart! I'll use anything that's nearby when I'm knitting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home