Sunday, February 11, 2007

6 Quirky/Weird Things Meme-The Pet Version

I've done the "6 Quirky/Weird Things" Meme myself twice and decided for a twist to do a pet version. So here are 6 quirky things about Sophie, my 8+ year old Cocker Spaniel.

1. Sophie's obsessed with ice. If you are drinking something with ice, she will whine and paw at it til you give her some. I've even tried to trick her by putting an iced drink in a coffee mug, but somehow she still knows.


2. Her coloring for the most part is buff/white except for a quarter-sized patch of black fur she has on her neck. It looks like paint was spilled on her. I love that she's so identifiable!


3. She does not like to be cold. She dives for the covers if the temps fall below 50 degrees outside at night. She is definitely a "delicate southern flower."


4. Toys Toys Toys! She loves her "Squeaker" toys and loves even more to get them all in the same room. Here's a shot of the "trail of toys" she made in the bedroom. There are even two toys that were out of camera range. No wonder I ended up stepping on something making my "middle of the night" potty runs. Sometimes, all the toys will be downstairs so you can imagine how many trips she makes a day getting the toys to where she is.


5. Squirrel patrol! Her favorite activity is to chase the squirrels in our backyard. Of course the squirrels think this is a fun game for them too. They like to taunt her by hanging around the deck not seeming to notice her, until she takes off after them.


6. Celine Dion! For some reason, she howls when she hear a Celine Dion song, especially "My Heart Will Go On." There's just something about the notes in that song that makes her want to howl....loudly.....and for a long time....

What are some quirks your pets have??!!!

7 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 , Blogger janna said...

So do you think she likes Celine Dion, or does it make her ears hurt???

 
At 2/11/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

When you said "quirky pet things," you weren't kidding! I love your dog already! Ice cubes? I've never heard of anything even close to that! I'm laughing about the Celine thing. Some people think her music makes me howl, but that's actually my singing.

 
At 2/12/2007 , Blogger Betsy said...

Yup, that sounds like Sophie!! She is the Queen, isn't she?? I've got Nilla's quirks posted on my blog.... :)

 
At 2/12/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

Oh boy do I have quirky animals. Sophie is so pretty!

 
At 2/13/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

That is too cute! my silly cat will take bites of food out of his bowl and eat them off the floor, but refuses to eat food that has been spilled on the floor...

thanks so much for the compliment on my sweater!

 
At 2/13/2007 , Blogger Brandy said...

What a great idea! Sophie is quite the cutie. :)

I've finally found out what this fish blanket is about too. You've got your work cut out for you, but I cannot wait to see the end result!!

 
At 2/16/2007 , Blogger Journi said...

Amy - you are too funny! My little dog is the same way about loving ice and HATING the cold. This morning, inspite of having her coat on, she had to 'encouraged!' to do her business....... Isn't san anotnoio supposed to be WARM?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home