Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Sampler

First off- Brrrrrrrrr!!!!
Check out today's temps as of 4:30 p.m. near my Minnesota hometown:



No, do not adjust your screen. The high...HIGH...for today was -9 degrees!!! The low: -27 degrees and that's not including the wind chill!!! My younger sister called Friday night complaining about how cold it was...I don't know how I lived up there for 20 some years..That's just "freeze your nubbies off" cold.

This is why my DH can't say anything about my yarn stash. Check out his latest purchase:


He finally purchased his dream car: Mercedes 560 SL..and get this..he bought it off EB@Y!!!
In his defense, the car was located in S.A. and he was able to test drive the car and also happened to be the top bidder. I fully supported him in his purchase knowing it would get me lots and lots of "no comments" to my yarn buying.

I know I haven't been updating as much lately. I've pretty much felt like crap for the past 2 weeks. Yes, I said two weeks. Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and now my ears are plugged up. I've already gone through a whole box of Cl@riton-D and am giving in and making a Dr's appt. tomorrow. So, there hasn't been a whole lot of knitting going on. Just continuing to work on my fish, green scarf, and gray hat when the mood strikes me. I also need to cast-on for a "secret project" this week.

Although I haven't been in the knitting groove lately, I have been reading more. I finished this book (pretty good read) a few days ago and have started The Friday Night Knitting Club and I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence. So far I'm really enjoying both of them!!

I've also been trying to make English Muffin Bread. Last weeks recipe turned out like a brick(my fault I'm sure-it didn't rise) and the recipe I tried today was a little bit better but still not exactly what I'm looking for-or looked like the picture. In Minnesota you can buy this English Muffin Bread made by the Taystee company and it is to DIE for. I always bring some back from my trips and have been trying to make my own without very much success. If any knows of a good recipe, let me know!!

6 Comments:

At 2/04/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad! We missed you today!

 
At 2/04/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

That English Muffin bread is great. My mom and both of my SILs always make grilled cheese sandwiches on it and as far as I'm concerned, there's no other way to do it. Bob and I are sick too. I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 2/04/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Oh my gosh -- I had forgotten about English muffin bread! If you find a recipe that works well, please share!

We figured you had some hot Super Bowl party plans this afternoon -- sorry you're sick!

 
At 2/05/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

We sure did miss you today!

May I also suggest the novel Knitting Under the Influence. It's sweet.

 
At 2/05/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

cool car! i'm soooo jealous! is english muffin bread like english toasting bread?

 
At 2/05/2007 , Blogger Betsy said...

sorry you're not feeling well sister....hope you feel better soon. I'm trying to stay warm up here....love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home