Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Knitty Delivery

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from work:


My prize from Kim's Blogiversary contest. I was gifted with 2 skeins of Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Regency and two hanks of the lovely Lorna's Laces in the colorway known as Wisteria. I absolutely love the colors of these yarns! Regency reminds me of the the colors associated with chocolate covered cherries (lots of shades reds/pinks/browns) and Wisteria reminds me of the colors in a Monet painting (blues, pinks, purples). I had never felt Lorna's Laces before and man..I can't stop fondling it!! Now I know what all the fuss is about-I think I'm addicted!!! And last but not least is my favorite candy in the world: jelly beans! What a fun surprise!! Thank you so much Kim-You rock!


A recent Am@zon delivery bulked up my knitting book stash:


My latest book additions are:
1. The Northampton Wools Knitting Book which I was able to buy for $4.99 on the particular day I was browsing Am@zon. The patterns are basic and in a classic style which is what initially drew me to the book (and the price).
2. The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook
3. Socks*Socks*Socks-70 winning patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest

Looks like I'm pretty set to start knitting socks! I can hardly wait!!

6 Comments:

At 2/08/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that Lorna's Laces! Beautiful!!

 
At 2/08/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

How fun!

 
At 2/08/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad you like everything!

 
At 2/08/2007 , Blogger Brandy said...

Well, isn't *that* exciting! I bought some Lorna's Laces myself to find out about all the fuss. I can't wait to knit some socks with mine. I'm sure you'll love it!!

 
At 2/08/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! How fun is that, I love the colors!


Ari (Baking and Books)

 
At 2/11/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

*drool* So.nice.yeah...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home